Personal Injury Litigation in NJ
Some cases require NJ personal injury litigation to obtain the compensation you deserve. When our lawyers at Shamy & Shamy, L.L.C. discuss your potential case, we need to know every detail of your accident or injury along with all the issues you face.
We base personal injury cases on contingency, meaning you owe us no fees unless we recover money on your behalf. Minor injuries are usually not viable to pursue because the recoverable compensation is not adequate to pay our expenses and also cover yours.
The first step of any personal injury interview is to evaluate whether or not you have a case - which means establishing the cause of your injury and identifying responsible parties.
Types of details needed to pursue NJ personal injury litigation
You can expect to provide many details about your accident or injury during our interview, such as:
Stages of personal injury litigation
We may settle your case at any stage of injury litigation in NJ. A case going through all stages - initial through final judgment or verdict follows this sequence:
- Plaintiff files a lawsuit
- Defendant is served notice of the lawsuit
- Defendant admits, denies, claims insufficient information to respond, or counterclaims (for example, argues the plaintiff was at fault)
- Discovery - both parties exchange information to support their arguments (interrogatories, depositions, and request for documents)
- Trial - both sides present their case, providing evidence and testimonies
- Trial conclusion and judgment - in a bench trial the judge rules on the case, and in a jury trial the jury delivers a verdict.
- Appeal - Lawyers may appeal to a higher court based on legal errors or unfair judgment
Find out if you have a case
Get effective legal help from out NJ personal injury lawyers for your personal injury litigation case in NJ. Please contact us or call us for a free initial consultation: (866) 603-4710. We represent clients in personal injury cases based on contingency - no fees unless we recover damages. Se habla español.